Hurricane Ian Update
New Hanover County is no longer under any storm watches or warnings. Visit EmergencyNHC.com for more information.
New Hanover County services and attractions will resume normal operations on Saturday, October 1. Learn more here.
Welcome to NHC Department of Social Services
The Department of Social Services has an email address, DSSinfo@NHCgov.com, for customers to send documents, requests for applications, and case inquiries for Economic Services programs including:
- Food and Nutrition Services (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Medicaid, including Long Term Care services
- Child Care assistance (subsidy for child care costs)
- Work First Family Assistance (financial assistance for working families)
- Crisis Intervention (financial assistance for utility and housing payments)
To report abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a child or an adult, call 910-798-3420.
Skip to content
Social Services: 1650 Greenfield Street • Wilmington, NC 28401 • Phone 910-798-3500 • Fax 910-798-7824